Menorca has a long tradition that the artisans of the island have managed to transmit over the years. With their acquired skills and knowledge, they have managed to inspire all visitors to the island with their art and taste for traditional or contemporary crafts. Therefore, here we show you where you can discover them and some places to get inspired and soak up this art.
The quality of the crafts of Menorca
The crafts in Menorca are still more alive than ever. Traditionally, the artisans there have always known how to transmit their skills and inspire with their art, the taste for what is traditional, to the following generations.
The relevance of this sector on the island is manifested by the Menorca Craft Fair, where the best hands are found to transform the raw material into art and beauty.
Some artisans, such as potters and jewelers, bring their signature stamp incorporating new techniques and materials to traditional pieces. In addition, the calm and calm pace of life that can be savored on the island also inspire the different Menorcan artisans. We can find many stalls that are installed outdoors, in their own workshops or in the different stores that you will find on the island.
For example, the Insular Council of Menorca has put into operation the guarantee brand “Artesanía de Menorca”, with the aim of distinguishing the creative crafts that are made on the island and thus giving professional craftsmen an identifier that makes them represent the Fabulous craftsmanship of Menorca, where quality abounds.
Places to discover all Menorcan artisan products
Menorca Craft Center
To see a permanent sample of artisan products and to deepen the knowledge of local crafts, it is essential to visit the Artisan Center of Menorca. It is located in the town of Es Mercadel, and aims to be a reference to promote, disseminate and promote crafts and products and craftsmen. You can buy, visit temporary exhibitions where audiovisual projects are projected, and also has a program of diverse activities.
Menorca and its charming markets
As we were naming, so that you can visit them throughout the year, you can find in this beautiful island the best markets in Menorca. Next, we name you the schedules and the places where they are so that you can visit it whenever you want.
- Street market, Av. Del pare Huguet. Every Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Born Market, Plaza dels Born. From Monday to Friday, in winter from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Agricultural market with products produced in the farms of Menorca, in the Plaza de la Llibertat. Every Wednesday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Street market. Esplanada Square. Every Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Artisanal and agri-food market located in Plaça Espanya every Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Street market. In Plaça de la Esplanada every Tuesday and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Agro Maó. Market of local agricultural products located in Carrer Nou i s’Arravaleta. Every Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Street market. Pla de la Creu every Monday and Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
You can not miss these places that we have recommended to discover this island of the Balearic Islands in more depth, especially its crafts and where to find it.
However, for your stay to be perfect, it is important to choose the place where you will choose and spend your free time when you are not visiting. Therefore, we recommend our 5-star luxury hotels in Menorca, all-inclusive and perfect for your stay with children, couples or alone.