Formentera is the best option if you are looking for a quiet holiday surrounded by beautiful nature. This island is a paradise in the Mediterranean for your well-deserved vacation, where you can also enjoy long days of beach in very natural environments.
Here is where our Insotel Hotel Formentera Playa **** and Insotel Club Maryland *** hotels are located. Two resorts where you will find all the comforts of a holiday accommodation perfectly suited for families.
Plans that you cannot stop doing if you are on the island
- Pedal to the sea. Formentera is a very flat island, so cycling does not take too much effort. In addition, this island has several bike lanes with what can be a great idea to rent bicycles for the whole family and enjoy a different route to discover the island.
- Every new day, a new cove or beach. This island has a total of 20 km of beaches and coves, so you can discover a new place every day. Among the most visited beaches we have: Illetes Beach, Caló des Mort, Cala Saona and Beso Beach. Of course there are many other beaches to visit, as Formentera hides numerous corners to rest in the sun, but these are small secret places that you will have to discover for yourselves.
- Visit the most famous lighthouses on the island. The Faro de Cabo de Barbería is one of the iconic images of Formentera, its popularity lies in that, due to its beauty, it has appeared in a multitude of commercials and films. But the Faro de la Mola is also considered one of the most magical places on the island. Is well known for its reference in the literary work Hector Servadac by the French writer Jules Verne.
- Get lost among white houses. The maritime towns of the Mediterranean have a characteristic in common, the white of their houses that reflects the rays of sun preventing them from penetrating into their walls, conserving the freshest ones.
- Discover other corners of the island. From June to October, on Wednesdays and Sundays in the afternoon, La Fira de la Mola gives rise to a very lively hippie market, which over time has become one of the main tourist attractions in the area. In this craft market workshops are also held where the craftsmen who sell their creations teach the interested parties how to work with the main materials of the crafts, such as: wood, silver, stone, etc.
- Discover the charm of Sant Francesc Xavier. The capital of Formentera, is a small but very picturesque town especially known for its beautiful white houses. It is the largest urban centre of the island, where government buildings, other services, shops and many restaurants to taste the cuisine of the island.
- Watch the sunset. Being able to see the spectacular sunsets of Formentera from the beach is one of the great pleasures of this wonderful island.
There are many activities to do, and places to visit in Formentera. Without a doubt, the only thing you will need is to plan the visits and a good resting place to recover from every adventure in Formentera.
Our family hotel in Formentera awaits you, so you can enjoy the best holidays that this island of charm can offer you.
We are waiting for you in Insotel!